Google Cloud’s 9-week conference is underway. Already lots of fun announcements and useful sessions in this free event. I wrote a post about what I was looking forward to watching during weeks one and two, and I’m now thinking about the upcoming weeks three and four. The theme for week three is “infrastructure” and week four’s topic is “security.”
For week three (starting July 28), I’m looking forward to watching (besides the keynote):
- Building a Large Scale Migration Factory to Google Cloud. I’m thinking a lot about cloud migration efforts, and this session appears to offer some great depth on the topic. There’s another session that looks at migrating content, with a customer (ViacomCBS) featured.
- A Peek Behind the VM at the Google Storage Infrastructure. The same storage system available to you as Cloud Storage also serves Youtube, Gmail, and Drive? I like these behind-the-scenes looks that make me appreciate how valuable a managed service really is.
- Build an Enterprise-Grade Service Mesh with Traffic Director. I’ve been digging into service meshes more, and have been impressed with what Traffic Director does. Plus, I like watching my new colleague Kelsey present.
For week four (starting August 4), I’d like to watch:
- Security, Privacy, and Compliance Solutions for Healthcare. This looks like a useful talk for learning more about the challenges and options for healthcare companies.
- Deep-Dive Google Cloud’s Managed Microsoft AD and Applications. I haven’t spun up a GCP managed AD environment yet (I know, get to it, Seroter), so this session will help me see what I’ve been missing.
- Master Security and Compliance in the Public Cloud. Good topic, presented along with a German customer. So you KNOW they’re serious about security.
Should be another educational two weeks. Join in and learn some new stuff.