The folks over at the BizTalk Adapter Development blog pointed out their new paper which answers a number of questions about the WCF adapters for BizTalk Server 2006 R2.
This collection of FAQs address topics such as:
- Deciding which WCF adapter to use
- When to use the two custom adapters
- How do messages flow in from WCF adapters and flow back out
- How to preserve the entire inbound message arriving via a WCF adapter
- Accessing WCF message properties within a BizTalk solution
- Decision criteria when choosing the WCF LOB Adapter SDK vs. the old BizTalk Adapter Framework
- How BizTalk uses the WCF adapters
- The difference between WCF behaviors and BizTalk pipelines
There are plenty more besides these. If you are doing WCF development alongside your BizTalk solution and need to integrate the two, you really should check this out. The document is well written and nicely explains the concepts.