I’ve been teaching to empty classrooms for a decade now. It’s weird. I record a lecture and demos from my home office, edit it, give it to Pluralsight, and it shows up on the Internet. And then I hope somebody watches it. I’ve had some hits and misses with the twenty four Pluralsight courses I’ve created. One of those courses, DevOps: The Big Picture, clearly resonated. 169,642 people have watched it, which is bonkers.
When Pluralsight reached out to me and asked for a full refresh, I jumped at the chance to revisit the industry landscape and infuse this material with updated perspectives. And the updated course is now live.
This hour+ course covers a few things:
- What’s hard about delivering software
- Things we can learn from the Lean movement
- How smart folks have “defined” DevOps
- What DevOps is NOT
- The cultural and organizational changes that come with DevOps
- The technological changes that are part of DevOps
If you happened to watch this course in the past, give it another listen and tell me what you think! If you never consume v1 of a product, then your wait for v2 has paid off.